Customer Experience & Business Development Manager
COGx & AdeptPrep are partner organizations working to enhance learning ability and academic performance.
About COGx & AdeptPrep
- COGx is a research and development organization in applied cognitive science dedicated to delivering customized, clinical programs that target cognition to improve learning.
- COGx was founded in 2010 and in 2015 received funding from the State of Maryland for its innovation in education and the efficacy of its programs. COGx has served students from over 40 schools in the Greater-DC area while also building partnerships with academic institutions, learning centers and a growing international presence.
- COGx partners with leading cognitive scientists and academic institutions. Programs are individualized, evidence-based and founded on scientific principles of learning.
- COGx’s mission is to democratize access to high quality interventions that improve lives by enhancing cognition. We achieve this through a carefully chosen network of professionals who master our programs and a network of strategic partners who share our values. One of COGx’s local partner organizations is AdeptPrep.
- AdeptPrep is an elite tutoring company based in Tenleytown, offering one-on-one test preparation, academic tutoring, and now, group meditation classes.
- AdeptPrep provides students with the support and skills they need to be successful on their standardized tests and in their academic coursework, taking a mindful approach to learning and performance.
- AdeptPrep’s team of tutors is characterized by its intelligence, warmth, and expertise; each of us is passionate about his or her subject and about helping our students grow and learn.
- The Customer Experience & Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Providing much needed administrative support to these two young and growing companies.
- Raising awareness and demand from prospective clients (business development).
- Capitalizing on the synergies/complementary services between AdeptPrep and COGx.
- Ensure all client interfacing interactions uphold the integrity and reputation of the brands.
- Keep things running smoothly by scheduling lessons, billing clients, and so forth.
- Business Development:
- Develop database for prospective clients/partners (identify prospects) as part of a marketing plan to grow the two companies.
- Identify and develop opportunities to engage target customer bases (community relations/outreach).
- Social Media: Manage and update LinkedIn, Facebook, and website blog.
- Website: ongoing benchmark and updates to website with content from staff.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree with a proven track record of academic excellence (please include undergraduate GPA in your cover letter). A strong interest in business is also important.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely organized with a natural knack for time management.
- Perfect English grammar and a good email “voice”, including tactfulness for customer service and sales, as you will be communicating with clients over email regularly, and as such will be the “face” of the company with local clients and prospective clients.
- Mature, responsible, honest and clear-headed.
- Approximately $40,000 per year -competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity for career growth, profit sharing and a performance bonus.
Relevant Experience (Technical Tools)
Technical Skills Relevant (valuable but not required) to Role:
- Google Forms
- Survey Monkey
- Video Editing
- Public Relations Fact Sheets
- Design of PR Campaign
- Social Media Tools (LinkedIn, FB, Twitter, Instagram)
- Calendar Management (Google/Outlook)
- Website Development (WordPress)
- Video Library Management
- Zoom (webinars)
COGx is in North Besthesa, MD (White Flint) while AdeptPrep is in Tenleytown -NW, Washington DC. The role involves working out of both offices, which are within a short metro ride of each other. Learn more at www.cogx.info and www.adeptprep.com; email your resume and cover letter email@example.com to apply.